Patterns and cycles of abuse can affect us our entire lives, especially when we witness and experience it as children. In this episode, I’m joined by Kimberly McFerron, host of the Limitless Pregnancy Podcast. She shares her experience growing up as a child of divorce between parents with a volatile relationship, being date raped at age 15 and how those experiences perpetuated a pattern of abusive relationships. We talked about gaslighting in relationships, breaking those patterns of abuse, and how Kimberly began to recognize and allow good things to happen in her life.
What’s in this episode:
- Kimberly’s experience growing up as a child of divorce
- How her parent’s volatile relationship affected her childhood
- Her story of being raped at age 15 and the aftermath
- The pattern of abusive relationships she experienced
- The gaslighting that occurs in relationships and how to recognize it
- Breaking cycles of abuse and why that’s important for our kids
- Learning to accept and recognize good things after experiencing trauma
- The importance of getting help
The above content was first published on Episode 50: Kimberly McFerron: Patterns of Abuse (meredythwillits.com)
HelpforSurvivors claims no ownership of the podcast on this page. Podcast media files, episode descriptions and artwork provided are the property of the podcast owner. This podcast is not affiliated with HelpforSurvivors.